Frequently Asked Questions
How quickly will I hear from someone after submitting my request for an in-home measurement appointment?
How quickly will an appointment be scheduled after I submit my request?
What if I can't decide on a design yet? Can I still request an appointment?
What happens at the in-home measurement appointment?
This is a key step! Our technician will arrive with a fully stocked van so you can finalize your color choice. Additionally, the technician will take final measurements, confirm your color selection, finish, edges, side and backsplashes, confirm sink(s) and faucet hole specifications. At this appointment, all final requirements are defined including if you want a unique shape to your vanity. The technician will also assess any unique characteristics of the room to account for any space limitations that could affect installation.
How long after the measurements are completed will my custom vanity top be ready to be installed?
When is payment due for my Custom Vanity Top?
Why do I need to submit measurements if a professional technician will come and measure?
I have an in-home measurement appointment scheduled and now I have to reschedule? What do I do?
What if I can’t be home for the scheduled installation?
Can I return the Custom Vanity Top after the order is placed?
What if I find damage after I have accepted installation of my Custom Vanity Top?
What if I need something more customized?
When I order my custom vanity top what is included in the price?
Does installation include plumbing services?
I only need one side splash and a backsplash. Does the price adjust accordingly?
Can I plan to install a vessel sink so the custom vanity top is delivered with the plumbing hole?
Are faucets included?
Do I need to know what faucets I will be installing in order to place my order?
What kinds of sinks do you offer?
What colors are available for the sinks?
What shapes are available for sinks?
When do I specify the sink I want?
Which material is ideal for a vanity?
What thickness is recommended for a vanity top?
What is the warranty on a Custom Vanity Top?
What is quartz?
What is HanStone Quartz?
What are the advantages of HanStone Quartz?
Is HanStone Quartz color consistent?
Will the HanStone Quartz sample ordered match my Custom Vanity Top?
What is Curava?
Curava is a countertop surface made from recycled glass fragments, recycled seashell fragments (available in two colors), and natural quartz crystals within a polyester resin binder to produce a beautiful, environmentally friendly product.
Where do the recycled materials come from?
The seashells are remnants of the button industry. Once buttons are punched from the natural seashells, the fragments are incorporated into both our Savaii and Lemongrass colors.
Will the Curava sample match my custom vanity top?
What is Luxa porcelain?
Does the veining in Luxa extend through the surface?
Will a Luxa sample match my Custom Vanity Top?
Are Quartzforms colors consistent?
Quartzforms is made by mixing pure quartz with inert bonding agents and pigments. Variation in quartz, color, shape, shade, pattern and size are unique traits of Quartzforms. Variances are not considered to be defects or product non-conformity.
Will the Quartzforms sample I order match my Custom Vanity Top?
Samples are intended to be a general indication of a particular color's design pattern, aesthetics and hue. Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of Quartzforms slabs and may vary from the actual, installed Quartzforms surface.
Which quartz product line is better?
Both quartz lines offer high-quality and beautiful color choices. We offer both lines to offer you beautiful options to choose from to best fit your style and budget.
How do I take care of my new custom vanity top?
- All material options are chemical resistant. For example, acetone will not harm the surface.
- All material options have high heat resistance. This does not mean they are heat proof. Care should be taken with especially hot items including hot hair dryers and curling irons to not damage the surface.
- It is not recommended to cut directly on the surface.
- It is not recommended to leave water standing on the surface for long periods of time, e.g., under a soap dish. Leaving standing water over long periods of time may result in discoloration of the vanity top surface.
- The custom vanity top should not be exposed to sustained temperatures exceeding 400 degrees F. (for Curava and Quartz 450 degrees)
- Custom vanity top surfaces will not scratch, chip, or dull under normal use. However, like any material, excessive force or pressure from objects may result in damage to the surface.
- NEVER stand on the vanity top. Always use a step stool to avoid unnecessary weight and force which could lead to product damage and/or personal injury.
- For the two Curava colors made of seashells, Savaii and Lemongrass, their all- natural, calcium carbonate-based components may be altered by repeated exposure to acidic compounds such as vinegar. Repeated acidic exposure may result in etching, dulling, and roughing of the shell surface.
How do I clean my Custom Vanity Top?
Custom Vanity Top.com custom vanity surfaces should be cleaned using a mild cleaner.
Cleaning recommendations include:
- Wipe the surface with warm water and mild soap, using a damp soft cloth or paper towel.
- Make-up and hair-dye can be buffed with household cleansers.
- If necessary, abrasive liquids or detergents are safe and effective for use with nylon scouring pads, sponges, Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® or other similar products. Common household cleaners such as Formula 409® or Windex® may be used.
- Mineral-stain removers may be used.
- Do not use metal scouring pads.
Note: Formula 409® is a registered trademark of The Clorox Company and Windex® is a registered trademark of SC Johnson & Son.